- Deadlines for Applying to Study Abroad
- October 15th for the Spring
- March 15th for the Fall
(Please not that different programs may have different deadlines)
- August-October / January-March
1) Visit the Office of Education Abroad in Garcia Annex RM 132 and make an appointment! (Appointments can also be made over the phone)
2) Complete Disciplinary Verification Form
3) Attend Getting Started Appointment
4) After finding a program that’s suitable for you, look over budget sheet. You won’t be able to apply for the program until you sign and return the budget sheet.
5) Complete application for the program you have chosen.
6) Get a passport!
7) Complete all forms (the checklist can be found on your studyabroad.nmsu account)
- Apply for Gillman (if applicable)
- Course Equivalency Form
- OEA Health Evaluation
- Copy of Passport
- Financial Aid Verification Form
8) Complete your program application and finish any supporting documents.
9) Attend Planning Appointment
10) Use your planning appointment to go over questions not discussed in your first appointment (questions about insurance, for example).
- An appointment is not necessary if you are dropping off paperwork.
- For all further questions, please visit our office during “Walk in Wednesdays” from 1pm-5pm.
11) Complete all signatory documents on your studyabroad.nmsu account.
November / April
1) You will receive an acceptance letter from your program.
2) Attend Completion Appointment
3) Apply for Visa if necessary. Visa information can be found at www.projectvisa.com
4) Purchase Flight (do not purchase until you have been accepted to your program!)
5) Attend Mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation
6) Flight information is due.
7) Have an amazing study abroad experience!